real estate law
Buying a property?
In Spain, it is the seller who pays the commission to the real estate agency. Many agencies offer legal services, but they are obviously not independent. Very often they have to chose between defending the interests of the buyer who hires them or simply closing the deal and collecting their commission (sometimes high). And they tend to choose the latter in detriment of the buyer’s interests. Therefore, we recommend you to count with an independent legal advice. If you prefer to hire, it is also advisable that your lease contract is reviewed by an independent lawyer who defends your interests only. In both cases, we can help you.
Our advantage in this area, versus other law firms, is that we do not only offer legal and tax advice, but we also take care of all necessary administrative tasks before, during and after the purchase of your house in a pro-active way so that everything is in order and you can be relaxed and enjoy your new home without surprises. We simplify the paperwork and minimize to the maximum the time that you need to spend. We offer a comprehensive service, from beginning to end. Moreover, we speak your language.
Below you will find our main services in this area:
Real Estate Law
Regarding the sale/purchase of properties and/or real estate companies, our advice includes:
– verifying the legal status of the property (ownership, existence of charges, urban limitations, etc.) or of the company (due diligence),
– obtaining legalizations,
– assisting clients in the negotiations,
– drafting/reviewing the purchase/sale contract and any other legal document,
– attending to the closing before public notary,
– filing taxes and registration request,
– organising change of name and direct debit payment of utilities, IBI, etc.
– contracting alarm services,
– advising on insurance policies.
Regarding the property rentals, we assist with:
– the negotiations between tenant-owner,
– drafting/reviewing the lease agreement,
– organising change of name and direct debit payment of utilities.
– conflict resolution,
– and, when necessary, we file court proceedings for lack of payment until the owner fully recovers the property and payment of the amounts due.